The following are creative ways to use essential oils: to bring peace, relaxation, and simplicity into one’s space.
- Lighten the air: Put a few drops of essential oil in the bag or filter of a vacuum cleaner. This will fill the room with aroma while cleaning. This instantly changes the energy of a room and the people in the room too. Lavender is calming; Lemon is uplifting and an incredible germ killer.
- Aromatic House Spray to evoke memories of holidays past.
Pine Essential Oil 4 drops
Orange EO 2 drops
Cinnamon EO 1 drop
Diluted in 1 cup of distilled water in a spray bottle.
- Fragrant Linens: Put 3-6 drops of essential oil on a handful of cotton balls and place them throughout one’s closet shelves. Next time one reaches for new sheets or towels, a waft of the heavenly scent will be present. Do the same thing to one’s dresser drawers, desk drawers, etc. Use your favorite essential oil or blend, one that leaves a feeling of elation.
- Essential Clean: To clean one’s fridge, put a few drops of orange, mandarin, mint, lavender, or lemon oil in a spray bottle of water. Not only will it disinfect and clean the fridge, but it will leave a wonderful scent when done.
- Stove Top Potpourri: Simmer a few drops of Cinnamon and Nutmeg essential oils and other spice to create a warm and delicious scent in one’s kitchen. OR make a pot of incredible air freshener by adding cinnamon sticks, cloves and sliced lemon to water and simmer on the stove. This eliminates any odor in the kitchen.
- Stress Buster: Take 30 minutes to relax in a sensuous bath infused with 5 drops lavender oil, 4 drops orange oil and 4 drops ylang ylang oil. This fragrant bath with entice one’s senses while leaving you calm, rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Aromatic Logs for the fire. Whether the fireplace is inside or outside, this will surely evoke memories of yesteryear and perhaps create new ones for years to come.
- Just one drop of EO, that's right only ONE drop of Essential oil per log per fire. Surprisingly, this one drop will be enough to provide an aromatic boost to the ambiance.
- Simply put the "Firewood or Holiday" oil onto the log and leave it to soak in before putting on the fire. Suggested wait time before putting into the fire is 20-30 minutes. The reason is that Essential oils are inflammable so unless the oil has been given time to soak in, there could be sparks. Prepare several logs at a time and set them aside and use as needed.
- Firewood Essential Oils: Frankincense, Myrrh, Cedarwood, Cypress, Sandalwood
- Holiday Essential Oils: Cinnamon, Clove, Bay, Pine, Cedarwood, Mandarin, Orange Tangerine, Frankincense, Myrrh
- Use 2-4 oils and blend together to create a unique blend for special occasions.
These are a few quick and easy ways to enhance one’s mental and emotional health through aromatherapy, but one should consult a trained Aromatherapist who can read the chemical composition of an essential oil profile and make an educated decision about the safety of an essential oil before delving into this healing modality.
Delve into the realms of nature's medicine and perfumery by scheduling an appointment with the Aromatic Alchemist, Heather A. Howell in person or via distance consultation for your very own custom blend of essential oils that assist in your advancement on your journey. Call toll-free 866.697.4367 or visit Aroma Pharmica
Heather A. Howell has love, compassionate and great reverence for plant essences and their healing power. As a Certified Clinical Aromatherapist, Heather serves many businesses and organizations as the Aromatic Alchemist. Currently at Aroma Pharmica, an Organic Skincare Company and at Seeking Indigo, a Holistic Wellness Oasis in Historic downtown Charleston, SC, where she has an Aroma Bar for custom blends, consultations and workshops. Heather is also at The Wellness School, an integrative approach to health. And she serves as a Director on the Board and the National Representative of the Alliance of International Aromatherapists. Heather also teaches therapeutic uses of Essential Oils to medical field professionals, massage therapists and other healing modality practitioners as well as those who want to assist themselves and their families. In her private practice, Heather assists her clients’ issues, guiding them in obtaining wellness through the natural medicine of essential oils. Passionate about natural healing, Heather has over a decade of experience in the realms of Aromatherapy and healing modalities. Life with three incredible children based on holistic living, energetic presence and nature is rewarding and fulfilling.